Today, I’m thinking about what is good.
It is so easy for me (at this time in my life) to become overwhelmed by stress, all the need-to-do’s, discouragement, and general crankiness. It’s so easy for me to forget about what is good.
In an effort to combat this forgetfulness, I present a (partial) list of things that are good in my life right now.
- My beautiful, hot, prego wife
- Our baby, and the fact that I am a father (Ender, I can’t wait to hold you!)
- Our cats
- My photography
- The fact that I am (slowly… yet quickly) building a photography and graphic business (btw, you should hire me!)
- The amazing, AMAZING friends I have
- The crazy, cool, wonderful people I have met on-line
- I am one of the fellows at The Boars Head Tavern (I respect those guys so much, it’s an honer to be allowed to post there)
- I have a job
- I am finding my creative center again
- Lively theology pubs
There is much that is good. So many ways God is smuggling grace into my life.
Sometimes, amid the financial hardships, the craziness of insurance, stupidity of banks, the drudgery of walking and catching the bus to get anywhere, life being such a bitch… in the middle of my absorption with things in life, it’s easy to forget that good survives, flourishes, and keeps coming from such a perfect source.
So, what’s good in your life?