Blogging buddy Stephen Uchatz (@SMUchacz on the twitter) recently passed me a Liebster Award. this is something floating around the internet designed by bloggers for bloggers. Basically, it’s a giant shout out and recommendation a few bloggers you really enjoy and want to get to know better. It’s pretty sweet to hear that people like what I write and would want to get to know me better at all. Stephen is a fellow member of the My Killer Tribe community, as well as someone that I enjoy reading… and that make his recognition of me a little bit sweeter.
So, the getting to know you better piece works like this: I (as said receiver of the Liebester) am duty bound to post eleven (11) random facts about my self. Then I am required to answer eleven (11) random questions from Stephen (as the giver of said Liebester). Then I must continue the tradition, passing the award and eleven (11) random questions on to some select bloggers I know.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- I love cheesy sci-fi movies.
- I have never had a broken bone that I know of.
- Growing up, I was involved with gymnastics/tumbling for nine years.
- In elementary school, I played the lead role in the school Christmas musical “Something’s Up Down in Bethlehem”. I practiced my dance moves in the mirror, but never had to really bust them out.
- I didn’t own a cellphone until I was 2004. I was 24.
- I do not have any tattoos or piercings.
- I desperately want some tattoos. I have a few already designed.
- My highest level of formal education is General Education Diploma (GED).
- I did take a semester of certificate level seminary classes, but never completed the course.
- I am an only child.
- I have a collection of random coffee mugs. And books. I seem to collect books.
Eleven Random Questions from Stephen Uchatz:
- What is the least used appliance in your kitchen? Blender
- What is your favourite part of your home-town? Probably Grounds on Harrison. I do like the canyons though. Oh, and driving through the pasture lands in West Haven/Roy at night. Also, the river had some good thinking spots. The Pie pizza place is a huge contender. Summer lawn parties and winter snowball fights. I like the memories I have of Utah.
- Favorite flavour of ice cream? French Vanilla or Cookies and Cream
- What made you want to start blogging? I had a strong desire to share my thoughts, questions, reflections, experiences about Christian faith with other people. I’ve wanted to be a “professional” writer ever since I was in high school. Blogging seemed like a good way to actively be a writer. I wanted to make a difference in people’s thinking about Jesus, church, and Christian faith. I wanted to spark better conversations. All this stuff is largely why I try to continue to blog six years later.
- Favorite fall activity? Drinking coffee, smoking my pipe, and reading a good book. Also, bonfires.
- Favorite place to curl up with a good book? This chair:
- Best movie ever? I don’t think it is the best movie ever made, but ‘Dead Poets Society’ is my favorite.
- Vanilla or Chocolate? Vanilla.
- Dogs or Cats? Cats, however I would love to have both as family pets.
- Last place you took a road trip too? The beach with my son, wife, her sister, and her mom.
- Current favorite song or album? I’ve recently re-discovered Pandora, so most of my music listening has been a shuffle. I will say, one song I want to listen to many times over is “All the Pretty Girls on a Saturday Night” by Fun. “Shake it Out” from Florence + The Machine has been getting heavy play for a few months as well. Throw in “Pick Up Truck’ from Kings of Leon, “Birmingham” from David Crowder* Band and “Younger Us” from the Japandroids, and you have a good idea of my musical mix most days. However, the all time most played song on my speakers: “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger” from Daft Punk. For reasons.
Thanks to Stephen for passing the Liebester to me. Next week, I will have eleven (11) random questions to hand the bloggers I pass Liebester Awards to.