This year, 2008, there are a few things I want to do.
I want to read 75-100 books.
I got this Idea from Trevin Wax at Kingdom People. So far, I am off to a good start. I finished The Golden Compass and am working on the rest of Philip Pullman His Dark Materials trilogy (The Subtle Knife and Tee Amber Spyglass). I also bought a copy of Renewing the Center by Stanley J. Grenz, and am looking forward to starting that. Other books on my reading list for this year:
- The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoevsky)
- The Idiot (Dostoevsky)
- Eat this Book (Peterson)- need to buy or borrow
- The Meaning of Jesus (Wright and Borg)
- Theology for the Community of God (Grenz)-I want to read this as a whole, instead of using it as a reference as I have been doing.
Any one have any other suggestions for me?
I want to do more with my photography.
I am loving photography, and I want to do more than just a casual hobby with it. So far, I have two projects in the works:
- Self 365: I am doing a self portrait every day, exploring my life and different ways to see a person.
- Photo biography: This is still in a rough idea phase, but I am super excited about this. More to come for sure. (If you really want to know what I’m up to here just ask. Maybe you can help…)
As sort of a bench mark and goal to shoot for in this area of my life, I have decided that this year I am going to make some money on my photography.
I want to write more
I know I say this allot, but in the past two months or so, some things have happened that have kicked me into gear with all this. There are some stories in the works, and some meatier blog posts that are boiling around. The thing is, I want it to be good, so I am ok with taking my time. However (and this is a big but) I still fight my apathy in this area especially. This means that if I want to do it, I gotta fight the fear and the excuses and get the damn things out!
I want to write more music and poetry.
I love my guitar! I love words, rhythm, melody, and chords to evoke emotion and depth. Songwriting/ poetry are two areas that have been malnourished for some time now. This year, I am going to feed these dogs.
I want to get closer to Jesus.